Thursday, September 10, 2009

Victoria Williams: 0022

There Is No Coincidence Here

There is no coincidence here - the wind has changed. You have already proved that there is no such thing as a random event.

Why did you make a point of placing the amethyst under my pillow? To ensure I would subsequently dream of you whenever I felt it there.

Why did you insist on straightening my spine by inserting a steel rod into my back? Because you knew sooner or later the lightning would strike.

Why did you throw a brick through my window, and then pay for it to be replaced by a single pane of ill-fitting glass? You were aware of the simple fact that it would be easier to break into upon your return.

Now the wind has changed, and your time is drawing near. Seriously, you don't forget about someone for eight years, only to suddenly dream of them for no reason. The wind has changed. I sit patiently opposite my window, waiting for the sound of breaking glass.