Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Victoria Williams: 0060

Extract – Letter 5

Dear James,

Susan and Gary came into the kitchen today and separated us into men and women and I went with Susan and the women (no-one stopped me). She told us that money has been going missing (and I started to sweat) and we were all going to be subject to random security checks and possibly searches. She told us that sums close to £200 a time had been taken (so I relaxed a little – that wasn’t me). Then she said we were all going to have to comply. If they search you they’ll take you into a little room and a woman will put her hand in your bra and then… well, you’ll have to lie down and they’ll take their fingers and stretch you open and get the flashlight and a probe… just to make sure.

And later Tina got us all together and lowered her voice and said it was all true. All of it. And I thought no, it’ll never happen. Not to me. Well, you can see where this story is going right?