Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Victoria Williams: 0065

Today friends (I don’t know if you’ve noticed) life is a mixture of good and bad (as opposed to normally being neither one nor the other). For example, the smell in my room: I don’t know where it’s coming from, or what’s causing it. It might possibly be some bad food stuck down the back of my desk, or maybe something nasty caught in Allen’s beard – and that’s bad. But on the other hand it is quite a pleasant spicy smell, which is covering up the usual aroma of damp and mould – and that’s good.

Furthermore, today Jacques has finally allowed me to be in one of his movies (where I will be starring as complex but naïve Nurse Cornlocket, lines: “The tumour is malignant.” And, “Was that it? Was that love?”) – and that’s good. But in preparation for the role he has given me a haircut that I may never recover from. And that my friends, is so bad that it’s going to have to mean goodnight.