Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Victoria Williams: 0265

Vickie called me up and said: do you want to go get your ears pierced with me? I actually did pick her up to take her to get her ears pierced. She was so afraid she’d spent the day drinking and was swaying when I got there. I thought, a promise is a promise. We went to the tattoo parlour where she’d arranged to have it done but they were suspicious and thought that I had drugged her and brought her there in that condition for some nefarious purpose, so ultimately we drove around for a while and went home. I eventually found a thorn from a rosebush and did it that way. Afterwards she smiled a stupid smile at me, smearing the blood and mascara with the back of her hand. J is coming to pierce my ears, she told me. Well he’ll start with my ears.