Monday, January 18, 2010

Victoria Williams: 0035

Judith is getting concerned. Actually, Judith has only just arrived on the scene, and neither of us is quite sure what to do with the other yet.

This is what Judith knows:

She knows I live in the Theology section of the public library. I eat a lot of maple fudge while I leaf through books on Buddhism and make insightful notes in the margins. I don’t want to die in the same ways that I have before. I probably don’t dress myself, although Judith can’t imagine who would inflict such an outfit on another human being. She knows, because I told her, that I have been sad and wasted long enough – it’s time for another horrible, scarring, mutually abusive relationship.

She thinks I am expecting too much of her. Maybe she’s right.

Maybe I don’t want to make go to Judith for refuge one of my commandments just yet.

But I know that she got a 2-for-1 deal on her last abortion – they terminated the pregnancy and lasered her ex-boyfriend’s name from her shoulder at the same time – and I would like to know more about this clinic.