Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Victoria Williams: 0074

Another strange love dream. This time at a table in the JSR restaurant. It’s too shiny, it’s too bright, it’s too sanitary and I’m really still too young for all this.

He is sitting across the way from me. We are both treating the world like a stage. I am dressed up and carrying a violin case and I’m trying to explain that I want to be happy for him but something is stopping me and I don’t know what. And he says “Already you’re lying,” and I say “I know, I know.”

I say to him that I can barely read his mind, let alone my own. Then I try and drink my cappuccino all in one, and inelegantly choke on the hot milk while his face is buried somewhere in my jacket and he tells me he can still feel my heart beating. So I move across and listen to his chest and tell him I can’t feel his.