Thursday, February 25, 2010

Crooked Broom Blues by The Litchis

My girl got a crooked broom
She ain’t sweep in many a moon
This shack ain’t a home
No this shack ain’t a home

My wife don’t stir no stew
Table is bare and pots are few
She ain’t roll no bread
No she ain’t roll no bread

My woman don’t hang no line
Empty wash stone suits her fine
She ain’t lift no rock
No she ain’t lift no rock

My girl don’t weed the plot
Don’t care that the beans will rot
Her hands ain’t touch no dirt
No her hands ain’t touch no dirt

My wife got a cold oven
Burns no coal when I need lovin’
Her cot ain’t ever been mine
No her cot ain’t ever been mine

My woman’s been all over town
Her skinny legs are on the run
She’s gonna find her a new man
Yeah, she’s gonna find her a new man

I ain’t gonna miss her pretty face
A woman should know her place
Yeah, a woman should know her place