Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Victoria Williams: 0044

Dear Messrs Rico and Hudson,

I’ve thrown your stupid book aside for good this time – and this isn’t the first letter of complaint I’ve written about it either. This is the third actually. But the reason I tore up the first two is because I don’t completely trust myself to make the right decision and write the correct letter. The others are filled with non-sequiturs and too many paragraphs begin with ‘Anyway’, and my tone just hasn’t been angry enough – and maybe that’s because I believe you a little bit. But why? Because you’ve written some fat book about an old esoteric diagram and the numbers 1-9, and suddenly you’ve got yourself a whole new system of classifying people.

Sirs, for all I know your book isn’t even widely published. This may in fact be the only copy in existence – and you knew I wouldn’t even look at the chapters on anyone’s number but my own. Is there even anything printed on the other pages? You know I won’t look now. This is outright brainwashing, and I’m not joining your revolution. I don’t care what you say will happen to me.

Mr Rico, Mr Hudson, I was over at the bookstore the other day and leafing through the ‘spirituality’ section, which I guess is our mutual territory. And before I got to your big joke of planting the book there just for me to find, I was looking at titles like Sextrology and Alien Knowledge to Save Your Marriage and thinking it’s gone too far. We’ve gone too far. Well guys - fuck you. I’m taking up Eastern Philosophy.

As ever,
V. W.